Thread: Does PHP keep files on custom tunes they have written for customers?

Founding Member

Default Does PHP keep files on custom tunes they have written for customers?

I ask because back in 2011 (maybe 2012) I ordered a 6 position chip with stock, +25 tow, +60 tow, +80DD, +120Race, and whisper mode. Recently my transmission started slipping so I ordered a BD Performance 4R100 with their torque converter. My question has to due with the transmission tuning on my PHP 6pos chip. If I remember correctly nothing was changed but the shift points, is there any way to verify this? I just want to make sure my tunes will still work properly with the new transmission.

Glad to see the forum back by the way!

Thanks!

Founding Member

Default Re: Does PHP keep files on custom tunes they have written for customers?

So I went ahead and called yesterday, unfortunately PHP is no longer able to write tunes for my 6 pos chip. I think I spoke with Angela?? Anyways she called me back today with the information I was after. Sounds like my transmission tuning was not real aggressive and they recommended I give the tunes a try with my new transmission. If it is overly harsh I guess I will be ordering a Hydra chip.

Thank you PHP for helping an old customer out!

Founding Member

Default Re: Does PHP keep files on custom tunes they have written for customers?

If you do decide to upgrade the Hydra is awesome makes getting new tunes on the chip so easy you will wonder why you waited.
    2001 F250 8" lift on 40's 7.3 forged bottom, ported heads, hypermax springs, 300/300 injectors, GTX4294 custom T4 mount by me, Custom intake with AFE big boost and filter sock from Magic Smoke Performance, Terminator twin HPOP. No dyno numbers from current setup hoping for a track day before the weather turns.