Thread: Hydra Chip - Hydra Flash Software Issue Need Help

PHP Member

Default Hydra Chip - Hydra Flash Software Issue Need Help

I received my Hydra Chip today from Corey@CNCFAB but I'm having an issue with my laptop. I downloaded the Hydra Flash software, the software will open and run, but it will not recognize the chip. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, I tried opening the software then plugging in my chip, plugging in my chip and then opening the program, but nothing works. My computer chimes when I plug the chip in but the Hydra Flash doesn't see it. I have a Lenovo Windows 8.1 laptop

So I went to my old Dell Windows Vista desktop loaded Hydra Flash and as soon as the program opened it asked if I wanted to register the software. My laptop never asked this. Once I registered the software I plugged in the chip and it instantly recognized the chip and I was able to load my tunes.

The problem is I will need to use my laptop to load or change tunes once I have the chip installed in the truck. I don't want to have to take the chip out to change tunes. Has anyone else run into a problem like this? If so how did you solve the problem?

I posted this on powerstroke.org before I found this forum. Hopefully there is a solution.

Default Re: Hydra Chip - Hydra Flash Software Issue Need Help

Welcome to the forum, ita47. Another member, cleatus12r may know what you need to do if he sees this. I know that Win 8.1 is problematic when it comes to installing the appropriate drivers. Sadly, I don't know what you need to do.

If no one checks in here before Monday, you might give the folks at PHP a call. They can probably help you get the thing working on your laptop.

- Jack
    2014 F150 Platinum 4x4 SCrew 3.5L Ecoboost

You'll have to call PHP. There are some driver/administration permissions that are a bit, well, RETARDED in Windows 8 if I'm not mistaken.

Anything past Windows XP is pretty dumb but I realize that nobody has a choice in that matter anymore.

PHP Member

I didn't have time to call today, but I think it maybe a driver issue. 20170918_211951.jpg Sorry about the grainy screen shot. The computer is seeing the hydra chip but the hydra flash software still doesn't.

Call PHP!

- Jack

PHP Member

I called PHP. The first guy I talked to didn't know much. He kept telling me it had to be the USB cable or the USB port on my computer etc. I was getting no where with him so I asked if there was anyone else I could talk to. He transferred me to Angela. Again I explained my issue and she tried to remotely connect to my computer but I was tethered to my phone and it wouldn't work. So she gives me her phone number and said to call her at home that evening once I had wifi for my computer. So I called that evening she tried a couple things and couldn't figure it out so she got Bill on the phone. Bill then worked on my computer remotely for two hours. Apparently there are a couple of folders missing in Windows on my computer that are needed to load the drivers for the chip. He tried to load those folders but Windows needed a digital signature for them to work. Bill said he would get back with me after he gets the files ready to load on my computer. Both Angela and Bill were great to deal with. I am confident that Bill with get this figured out for me and get it working. Talk about great customer service! Bill has gone above and beyond and I really appreciate that. I will keep everyone posted on the progress.

This is why I'm a big fan of PHP! They CARE!

- Jack