Thread: Programmed Hydra Chip.Installed on pcm and seems to do nothing for truck.

Default Programmed Hydra Chip.Installed on pcm and seems to do nothing for truck.

Programmed Hydra Chip ( box code; AWA3 . Hex code: VIAE9GD ) With 12 of the offered programs. #1 being the 1100 rpm High Idle program. Cleaned the (1999 f250 Super Duty 7.3 Turbo) The finger pads on the trucks computer with the supplied Scotch Brite Pad.( I may have cleaned a little to far some finger pads are cleaned down to the copper) Installed the Hydra Chip firmly on the computer which seemed to fit very snuggly. Installed computer back in the truck. Truck starts and runs just as normal. I am able to switch through the numbered programs on the Hydra control box. going to my #1 program which should be 1100 rpm High Idle the truck does nothing different than normal. I drive the Truck and switch through the different programs and I feel no change. After the truck warms up and gets operating temperature the Truck will sputter and die. But will start back up again and sputter and die.
    That being said, is it possible that I cleaned the pads to far down and its not making a good connection? it seems to fit very firmly and looking closely seems to be connecting. I also did not use any cleaning solution after cleaning with scotch pad. If I have created this problem by cleaning down to the copper portion of the fingers is there a way to repair the fingers or another Alternative ??

Founding Member

Default Re: Programmed Hydra Chip.Installed on pcm and seems to do nothing for truck.

With the chip completely removed, try driving around, does the truck still sputter and die? Possibly issue with truck arose at the same time of chip install. PHP listed J3 connector(where the chip slides on) repair service for a while. I think it was $75, and I'm not sure they are still offering this service. I know I've seen it recommended before that TV repair shops might be able to help with connector repair.