Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion.

Old Sun, September 22nd, 2024, 05:56 PM
Whopper Junior

tmbarnett1973 is on a distinguished road
Default Tuning help after tranny upgrade

Need some help please. I have a 99 F350 superduty. I recently had my transmission rebuilt by Sam Wyse in northwest Ohio. It is a stage 2 rebuild on a 4r100. Everything else is stock. My computer has the code NVK2. Prior to the rebuild, I always ran the standard files from VRAA6S3. After the rebuild, I used the same tune, except with the modified valve body. Ever since the rebuild, this thing shifts horribly. I have tried several other tuned in the NVK family, but no luck. I usually run the DD 40 to 80 HP. I have tried the tow tune, just dont like that it holds the gears out so long. I regularly pull 20K plus pounds. The torque converter will lock up at about 2000 rpm in 3rd gear, dropping the rpms down to 1500. I increase my speed, and about 2500 rpms, it will unlock, shift, and lock at the same time, causing a very violent shift and shake of the truck. The lock in the middle of 3rd gear is even worse. I really need some help. I have no problem paying for a tune. Just dont want to screw up this expensive tranny, and already killed one carrier bearing. Thanks in advance.
Old Mon, September 23rd, 2024, 03:51 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Good afternoon.

Given the nature of the tranmission, it seems like you're going to need to get tuning that is a bit more in-depth than what can be handled with the standard tuning, even those with the valve body modifications.

My best suggestion would be to reach out to Andrew Arthur at AA Design & Tuning at aa.design.tuning@gmail.com or at (206) 445-2539. Andrew is a super nice person to deal with and as a transmission builder, he can help to dial in your tuning and get it just how you need it.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1997!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Windows™ 11 is garbage!

Much to my surprise, I'm actually quite enjoying Linux!