Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu, September 23rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
SICKS LITER RACING

SICKS-O is on a distinguished road

no problem, did the best i could for 3am lol. since you have OKed the wiring before spending any money or getting your hands to dirty i would test the resistance of the injector coils with a digital volt meter, i dont think you will be able to do it easily without the tool they sell that plugs into the valve cover gasket, it has color coded pigtails for dvm leads. you may be able to make your own test harness if you have any spare harnesses laying around.
i think the easiest thing to do would be to uncouple the junction block that is on top of the drivers side valve cover and test the injector coil resistance from the pins on that block, of course you will need to know which pins are for the injector circuits. when i get another break at work i will grab our 7.3 service manual and post the acceptable resistance range for the injector coils. following this procedure will save you time and trouble. if the resistance of any of the injectors doesnt check out then you will know you will need to replace them, if the resistance is good there is still a chance that an internal part of the fuel injector(s) has failed and i will try to help you diagnose further.

-Joe