Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED) (Disabled)

Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED) (Disabled)
Power Hungry no longer sells the Phoenix/TS chip, but if you need custom tuning we can recommend a few really good tuners that will be able to still provide tuning and support for your chip.

If you have any other questions or comments about the Phoenix/TS chip, please post it here.

Old Sun, January 29th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Whopper

blue72 is on a distinguished road
Default Odd problem after chip install?

First off, I don't think this has to do with the chip or Power Hungry Performance.

I put my chip in today and now my radio is picking up a lot of interference/static. My radio used to be pretty clear, but now is really scratchy. What could cause this, did I loosen something up while putting the chip in? I removed both of the positive battery terminals for the install, and I have not mounted the switch yet, so I didn't even get into the dash yet. Kind of at a loss here? I know it is something I did, but just don't know where to start looking?
Old Sun, January 29th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Whopper

I have a stock radio and speakers BTW.
Old Sun, January 29th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

My first thoughts are that you may have routed a wire near radio's antenna connection, or the antenna wire, but I haven't heard of that before.
Also when you do the batteries, disconnect the negative first, that way you won't accidental short out the battery by touching the wrench to the positive terminal and any other metal at the same time.
Old Mon, January 30th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I would get the chip fully installed and double check the battery cable connections. You might have a grounding strap or something that didn't get hooked back up just right.
Old Mon, January 30th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Whopper

After doing some research, I think I might need one of these?

RadioShack® Snap-Together Ferrite Choke Core - RadioShack.com

I have found several post where people had issues after a TS switch install and this fixed it.
Old Mon, January 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

It wouldn't hurt anything to try it.
Old Wed, February 1st, 2012, 04:16 PM
Whopper

Just wanted to report back. The interference is definately coming from the cord for the switch. Like I said before I have not mounted my switch yet, so if I stick the cord & switch in my door pocket away from the dash the radio returns to normal. If I lay it over the steering column like I had it after I first installed it the interference returns. With that said, I am confident the ferrite choke will fix my problem. I have not had a chance to go by Radio Shack yet, I will report back when I do.
Old Thu, February 2nd, 2012, 08:02 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue72 View Post

I have found several post where people had issues after a TS switch install and this fixed it.
This is the FIRST I've heard of a TS-Performance chip/switch assembly doing this and I've been around them for a while......

There is another company making chips that DOES have quite a few issues with this phenomenon (not really a problem, but it affects some vehicles).
Old Sun, February 5th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
This is the FIRST I've heard of a TS-Performance chip/switch assembly doing this and I've been around them for a while......

There is another company making chips that DOES have quite a few issues with this phenomenon (not really a problem, but it affects some vehicles).
Well, I can tell you for sure mine DOES. If I move the cable & knob towards the radio it gets FUZZY, if I move it away it clears up.

I finally picked up a choke today, I'll report back after I get it put on... I am confident this will take care of it.
Old Wed, February 8th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Whopper

Just a heads up. The choke helped my issue, I put two as close to the base as I could. They were $2.99 at Radio Shack BTW.