Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED) (Disabled)

Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED) (Disabled)
Power Hungry no longer sells the Phoenix/TS chip, but if you need custom tuning we can recommend a few really good tuners that will be able to still provide tuning and support for your chip.

If you have any other questions or comments about the Phoenix/TS chip, please post it here.

Old Mon, April 30th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Whopper Junior

bshep is on a distinguished road
Default Upgrade Phoenix to FU???

Wondering if it is possible to pay an additional fee to upgrade the phoenix chip to an FU. I guess it would just be the burner but I'm not even sure its possible. Any info would be great

Thx
Old Mon, April 30th, 2012, 08:22 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Since you have a manual transmission truck, I wouldn't recommend wasting the additional money on the FU. You're simply buying power levels with a manual transmission and you've already got the 100P program (which is the best-running program that will give you all you'll get to the rear wheels anyway). Albeit, there are a few minor changes to each type of program (Towing, Daily Driving, and Performance/Race), it's not something that will really be perceived unless you're super-intuitive about minute details.

I would say the same thing to a person with a 95-97 truck (automatic or manual). There, the power levels achieved are limited to about 70 additional horsepower and the list of available tunes is quite short anyway.

Edited for more clarification.

Last edited by cleatus12r; Tue, May 1st, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old Mon, April 30th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Double Whopper

INFRNL is on a distinguished road

It can be done and you're right. Your basically getting the burner and benefit would be to have access to tunes rather than sending your chip in for any changes.

I think Cody is saying that you are already good with the tunes you have and it would be a waste to the other tunes

I went with the FU as recommended from Bill because I will be upgrading in stages. He said in the long run, I would probably save compared to sending the chip all the time for the upgrades. I think it can go either way.

In the end, its up to you. I do not know you exact situation, so I am not sure what else to say. Good luck with your decision. Its greatthat Cody is giving you honest info and helping you save money; you do not get that from everyone
Nexus Guages (TT,FP,BP,EGT), 4"MBRP Exhaust. Coolant filtration system,203*stat and billet housing, AIH delete, HP X-Over line. (Baldwin PA2818) Bellowed up-pipes; TN Turbo(non-BB), BTS VB, In-Tank mods. RR FRx & Boots. 6.0Tranny Cooler
Old Tue, May 1st, 2012, 02:51 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

As stated, if you're planning on mods down the road then the FU upgrade would be extremely beneficial. If you have no plans to make any further modifications to the vehicle then it's an additional expense that's really not necessary. Either way, we can accommodate the upgrade if that's the direction you'd like to go.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1997!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Windows™ 11 is garbage!

Much to my surprise, I'm actually quite enjoying Linux!