Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) (Disabled)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) (Disabled)
If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Tue, January 26th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

epowers777 is on a distinguished road

Ok If I get the fu chip would I be able to pass smog inspection if I get picked. I live in Northern california and heard there starting to smog our truck I read how to do it with the gryphon how would you do it with the fu chip.Would I have to have a stock setting on it?
Also thank you very much for your help!!
Old Tue, January 26th, 2010, 08:16 AM

Also can I run bio diesel outa the gas pump with these tunes. I get mine from a propel station in rocklin ca
Old Tue, January 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Bacon King

Diesel Rookie is on a distinguished road

I run B100 in my truck with the tunes all the time in the summer and it runs fine. There is a very minor difference in power and fuel economy but it has never hurt anything. I asked Bill about this once and he said it was not a big deal. He did say he could write some custom BD tunes but needs to know the source of the oil, corn, conala, pnut, etc.

As for the stock thing you can just pull the chip out and it will go back to stock. Cody correct me if I am wrong but the chip just overides the trucks computer it does not actualy put anything on it.

I also am in CA and have not ever been approached on smog. If you are ever in the Sunnyvale Area (San Jose) and want to see how the tunes are in my truck let me know I would be more than willing.

Joe

4" Down pipe and exhaust, Wicked Wheel, Modified Exhaust Turbo Housing, Big Head Waste Gate Actuator, PML Transmission Pan, Factory Tech Valve Body, Autometer Gage Pod, PHP FU2 Chip
Old Tue, January 26th, 2010, 05:43 PM

I live in foresthill above roseville. Thanks for the offer if im down there that would be cool. I was told its betterto run biodiesel is that true? do you loose fuel economy? And how do you like your wicked wheel?
Old Tue, January 26th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

Here in AZ they do an opacity test. I went through earlier this month and passed with no problems. I left it on my performance tune and blew a 5 out of an allowed 40. The didnt plug into my OBDII port.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Tue, January 26th, 2010, 06:50 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The really attractive thing about running a chip on the 7.3L vs. running a flash programmer is that there is no P1000 code left behind (common of reflashing to stock) that will cause a "retest" situation for emissions. Removing a chip will only set a P0603 code that generally will not cause an emissions failure (unless you get some over-the-top inspector that knows nothing). What will cause problems are the actual trouble codes that have been set while running a chip (overboost, low ICP, etc.) or if there are actual problems with the truck.

You are right Joe, nothing is "left behind" when the chip is removed, except codes relating to actual problems. If you clear the codes, you will get a P1000 code that will require you to drive around for a while and then retest.

If there is no physical inspection of the truck, just an opacity test and scan test, you may be able to get away with testing with chip in....just set it to the lowest setting and run it.
Old Tue, January 26th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Bacon King

Diesel Rookie is on a distinguished road

I like the wicked wheel. It boost up a little faster and it is a whole lot louder so people know I am coming. It is also suppose to prevent some wheel cavitation at higher RPM under load. From my understanding it is the factor ford whell up to 99. All aftermarket wheels for the stock turbo are the same just marketed under different names. All made by Borg Warner.

I have heard good and bad things about the Bio Diesel. I hear it has better lubrication values and is better for your pumps but the drawback is that it is more of a solvent and can wear on rubber parts in the fuel system. You will probably also want to change your fuel filter after a tank or two of the stuff because it will clean gunk out of your tank and system. It also gells at higher temperatures than regular diesel so you have to be careful or use stabalizers in cold weather. There are a bunch of other guys on this forum that probably know a lot more about it than I do.

Unfortunatley my fuel millage suffered slightly with BD but considering it is 85% less poluting that was not a big deal to me.

Joe

4" Down pipe and exhaust, Wicked Wheel, Modified Exhaust Turbo Housing, Big Head Waste Gate Actuator, PML Transmission Pan, Factory Tech Valve Body, Autometer Gage Pod, PHP FU2 Chip