Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, July 26th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough
Default Curious about dealers, hex codes and tunes

I was reading through posts about how if you do not set your truck back to stock the dealership could really mess stuff up with a reflash. This part I understand. But it got me wondering, if they reflash the truck after it is set to stock, doesnt that change the current hex code? If it does then isnt there going to be trouble with the tunes? I dont really know because everyone I know with a programmer or code reader do their own work and never go to dealerships.
Old Sun, July 26th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot270 View Post
I was reading through posts about how if you do not set your truck back to stock the dealership could really mess stuff up with a reflash. This part I understand. But it got me wondering, if they reflash the truck after it is set to stock, doesnt that change the current hex code? If it does then isnt there going to be trouble with the tunes? I dont really know because everyone I know with a programmer or code reader do their own work and never go to dealerships.
Yes if it was set back to stock and then got reflashed the tunes would not work, since the hex code would be changed. Then the only fix is for Bill to rewrite the tune(s) for the new hex code.

You can either make sure the service writer know's not to(or puts it on the file) not to reflash your truck without your consent. Or you could put a OBDII cover on that says not to reflash...or hope and pray
Old Sun, July 26th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Forum Predator

Mmk, thats good to know. But wouldn't something that says "DO NOT REFLASH" appear suspicous to any repair tech at a dealership? All the dealerships around here look for ANY opportunity to void warranty repairs, especially if they have to pay for it. But maybe thats just our area, who want to work in an open shop with 95+ temps and high humidity. lol
Old Sun, July 26th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Canadian

tohi2care is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mmk, thats good to know. But wouldn't something that says "DO NOT REFLASH" appear suspicous to any repair tech at a dealership? All the dealerships around here look for ANY opportunity to void warranty repairs, especially if they have to pay for it. But maybe thats just our area, who want to work in an open shop with 95+ temps and high humidity. lol
Well thats a choice and chance you will have to make and take.
Old Sun, July 26th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Forum Predator

OK, I'll keep that in mind when something gets messed up. Still do our own work if its possible, thats why I picked a programmer. A big reason was for code reading and tire/gear changes. Also do you know if the code reading part can be used on other 04-08 fords (we also have an expedition that had some trouble codes recently with fuel)?
Old Sun, July 26th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes it would...but there is where the hope and pray option comes in.....hope and pray they don't reflash it lol.
Old Sun, July 26th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Forum Predator

haha, yeah but like I said, we try to not take our vehicles to shops or especially dealerships. I've got plenty of horror stories...but they all had the same ending, the service center regrets arguing with us. LOL