Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, February 11th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Whopper Junior

duckterminator is on a distinguished road
Default grphon??

Hey guys i am knew to the thread and i was wondering if u guys could answer some questions. I am a college student that commutes about 70 miles a day, 3 days a week, to school. and am looking at something to increase gas mileage. Now i have been looking into this tuner for a while and am pretty sure i am going 2 get it but i just need some reassurance. Cause i have been told some other places to just get it dyno tuned, but realized dyno tuned doesn't let u switch parameters so your just going to get either better fuel or hp. Right so gryphon is def the way to go?

I know there is 3 programs and i was thinking about the getting the tranny one, the 87 tow, and the 87 performance. But my question is what is the difference like one is more hp and torque while the other is better mpg? And specifically what is the difference between the 87 tow and 87 tow custom? And am i really going to notice more hp and mpg?

Another thing is i have 187000 miles on my 03 f150, so my question is if my engine dies would i be able to use this after replacing the engine?

One more thing is i was looking into getting an exhaust and really like the price of the gibson on autoanything.com ($397 shipped). Would this also improve my gas mileage and hp and should i get this before or after i order my gryphon?

thanks
Old Thu, February 11th, 2010, 02:27 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

The more stock you keep these trucks w/o mods the better your chances for an increase in mpg's.
Whick might only be 1-3 mpg.
A cat back exhaust like the gibson you are looking at won't hurt anything.
Yes these will transfer between Fords depending on years and models only.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, February 11th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Whopper Junior

duckterminator is on a distinguished road

okay cool thanks 4 your help i am going to order mine.

As i was looking at the order forum i cam across the 3 programs and i was thinking about the getting the tranny one, the 87 tow, and the 87 performance. Do u know the difference between the 87 tow and 87 tow custom?

And i hear most people don't use the tranny setting and feel the non custom tow is better, what do u think?

I know they have 2 custom do everything so not that i am in any big hurry but do u know how long it would take? I have bigger tires so do they send u the gryphon with that tuned on along with the custom 87 performance tune or u downloaded it?

any help is appreciated
Old Thu, February 11th, 2010, 05:52 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

The gryphon comes with canned tunes on it. Its configured like this:
Level 0. Stock.
Level 1. Tranny only.
Level 2. Canned tow(87-89oct).
Level 3. Canned performance(91-93oct).
I have mine configured like this:
Level 1. Custom 87 performance.
Level 2. Custom 87 tow.
Level 3. Canned performance.
I didn't feel the tranny only tune was needed.
When you first get the gryphon with canned tunes you'll have to adjust for the tires. But when your custom tunes are loaded no adjustment should be needed.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.