Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Thu, March 11th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Whopper

Mikey's250 is on a distinguished road
Default Which on do I need??

Ok I been trying to figure this stuff out so I can get my chip ordered.
So right now all I have done to my truck is AFE intake, 4in turbo back exhaust, boost fooler, and gauges. I have an Edge programmer but Im getting rid of that. My questions are:

If I get the FU package and later I decided to get injectors,bigger turbo etc, will I have to get the FU2 package or can I get the correct tunes on the FU?

What is the best tune for the best fuel mileage?

Im thinking about this setup: 65 mod tow, 80 DD, 100 Perf, 120 race, Lope and smoke show.
Last thing is I pull a 14 ft trailer w/ 2 zero turn mowers most days of summer which is not real heavy(maybe 3000lbs) but I also sometimes have to load up 5+ yds of mulch or sand which is pretty heavy. I dont want to waste a spot on 80 light tow just for my little trailer so is it safe to say I will be fine towing the small trailer with the 80 DD tune or not?
Old Fri, March 12th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Whopper Junior

sagebel is on a distinguished road

The FU and FU2 package use the same chip. Someone will correct me If I am wrong but the only difference is that FU includes a bunch of standard calibrations that you can burn to your chip. It's a pretty simple process of selecting programs from a drop down list. The FU2 includes custom tunes for additional mods.

With your current mods get the FU package and when you add stuff like injectors get some custom tunes.

There are a couple different Fuel sipper calibrations that come with the FU so your best bet would be to give them all try.

Scott
Old Fri, March 12th, 2010, 08:50 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

sagebel is right. The hardware is the same regardless of whether or not you have the FU or the FU2 package. The only difference is that the FU2 is for fully custom calibrations such as non-stock injectors since the tunes take more time to write.

There are no longer any Fuel Sipper calibrations because some folks couldn't figure out that yes, the shift points are going to be early. There were quite a few complaints of the early shifts.......and regardless of how people are told that it is an inherent trait of the program to aid economy in stop-and-go driving, they still complained.

80DD will work well with your small trailer. Get the 65 tow too in case you have issues with the mulch weight.
Old Fri, March 12th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
sagebel is right. The hardware is the same regardless of whether or not you have the FU or the FU2 package. The only difference is that the FU2 is for fully custom calibrations such as non-stock injectors since the tunes take more time to write.

80DD will work well with your small trailer. Get the 65 tow too in case you have issues with the mulch weight.
Thanks fellas. I was just thinking since I will have a burner I can add one of the heavy tow tunes if need be.

I have been reading alot of the PHP website and I see that Bill worked at edge from I think 04' to 07' well I got my edge evolution in 05'. So does that mean that Bill most likely wrote the program that I have now?
If that is the case am I going to see a very small difference in the tunes from PHP vs my edge?
Old Fri, March 12th, 2010, 10:21 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey's250 View Post
Thanks fellas. I was just thinking since I will have a burner I can add one of the heavy tow tunes if need be.

I have been reading alot of the PHP website and I see that Bill worked at edge from I think 04' to 07' well I got my edge evolution in 05'. So does that mean that Bill most likely wrote the program that I have now?
If that is the case am I going to see a very small difference in the tunes from PHP vs my edge?

Yes, Bill wrote the programs that your Evolution uses. There are some pretty big changes regarding driveability between what he's been doing since the Evolution programming days and what he has available now.

I know first hand the changes between both Evo. programs AND his programs that he had sent me quite a while back. I also know that his newest calibrations are even more refined than they were even a year ago.

Yes, you will notice a HUGE difference between the Evo. programming and his current calibrations. They'll be quieter, smoother, and have a great accelerator pedal feel.
Old Fri, March 12th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Yes, Bill wrote the programs that your Evolution uses. There are some pretty big changes regarding driveability between what he's been doing since the Evolution programming days and what he has available now.

I know first hand the changes between both Evo. programs AND his programs that he had sent me quite a while back. I also know that his newest calibrations are even more refined than they were even a year ago.

Yes, you will notice a HUGE difference between the Evo. programming and his current calibrations. They'll be quieter, smoother, and have a great accelerator pedal feel.
Im glad your here Cleatus, you got all the answers . How long does it normally take the FU package to be at my door from time of order?

And does PHP do any kind of trade in for the evolution?
Old Fri, March 12th, 2010, 04:02 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Ordering/shipping time is very unpredictable these days since there have been a lot of delays and family losses at PHP.

Heck, Bill isn't even in GA right now and he's been gone for the last week. He's going to have a lot of catching up to do when he does return around Tuesday or Wednesday. Patience is the key when ordering. I know it's tough, but it's worth the wait!

As far as trade.....I doubt it, but Bill could take it and turn it into a display-less Gryphon and resell it. I'd ask him if I were you.
Old Fri, March 12th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Ordering/shipping time is very unpredictable these days since there have been a lot of delays and family losses at PHP.

Heck, Bill isn't even in GA right now and he's been gone for the last week. He's going to have a lot of catching up to do when he does return around Tuesday or Wednesday. Patience is the key when ordering. I know it's tough, but it's worth the wait!

As far as trade.....I doubt it, but Bill could take it and turn it into a display-less Gryphon and resell it. I'd ask him if I were you.
Thats kinda what I was thinking since they change them to gryphons. I would just go that route but I want one that I can switch on the fly like the FU. When and how is the best way to reach Bill?
Old Fri, March 12th, 2010, 09:59 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

The best way to figure out what you need is to call 678-963-9913 and KEEP TRYING.

The right way is to go here and fill out the order form then watch your email for a payment notice. http://gopowerhungry.com/Downloads/O...20Signable.pdf
Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Whopper

Quote:
The best way to figure out what you need is to call 678-963-9913 and KEEP TRYING.

The right way is to go here and fill out the order form then watch your email for a payment notice. http://gopowerhungry.com/Downloads/O...20Signable.pdf
This might be a dumb question but when I remove the chip it goes back to stock right?