Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED)

Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED) Power Hungry no longer sells the Phoenix/TS chip, but if you need custom tuning we can recommend
a few really good tuners that will be able to still provide tuning and support for your chip.

If you have any other questions or comments about the Phoenix/TS chip, please post it here.

Old Fri, April 20th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Whopper

ttyR2 is on a distinguished road
Default Phoenix install question

Picked up my Phoenix chip this morning and installed it after cleaning the PCM contacts very well and tinning the contacts on one side (which brought the board thickness up to exactly 0.062"). I notched the plastic carrier for the PCM so that the cable would stick out without being crushed and then slid the PCM back in to the carrier. Does the carrier actually put any pressure on the chip? Or is there a gap and that's why you need to use the tape?

I didn't have any gaffer tape to tie the chip down with so used a small piece of non-styrene foam temporarily.

The Phoenix really made my truck come alive! It's awesome.