Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, March 14th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Go bigger !

mxriderae is on a distinguished road
Default how to question

hi am just new to this forums .. i want to place an order but there is so many things in the order form i don`t under stand so how can i place the order
AND ONE OTHER THING I WILL USE PAYPAL BUT I WANT IT TO BE SHIPPED TO ANOTHER ADDRESS SO CAN I DO IT THANX
Old Sat, March 14th, 2009, 10:10 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Yep they can take Paypal. you need to send Corey your paypal email address when u send your order form and they will send an invoice to your paypal account...
which product are you trying to order and for what vehicle and engine? what are you having problems with.
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Sat, March 14th, 2009, 10:30 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxriderae View Post
hi am just new to this forums .. i want to place an order but there is so many things in the order form i don`t under stand so how can i place the order
AND ONE OTHER THING I WILL USE PAYPAL BUT I WANT IT TO BE SHIPPED TO ANOTHER ADDRESS SO CAN I DO IT THANX
You may want to call them when they get back. Another thing is that the order form has to be filled out saved as a PDF(use your first+last name as the file name) then emailed to them as an attachment. If you have a mac I ran into problems with the info being saved in the boxes. So I printed out the forms filled in and faxed it to them.

Welcome to the forum!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sun, March 15th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Go bigger !

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
Yep they can take Paypal. you need to send Corey your paypal email address when u send your order form and they will send an invoice to your paypal account...
which product are you trying to order and for what vehicle and engine? what are you having problems with.
well am trying to get the gasoline programmer
my car is Ford F150 2004 5.4L
i have JBA headres with gibson catback and the FIPK K&N
the tires now is 315/70/17 but am getting the 35`s
so the issue that i had (LOSS OF POWER) with these stuffs on my truck and the people still advising me to get the gryphon
Old Sun, March 15th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Go bigger !

88 RACING
thanx a lot .. i`ll enjoy it
Old Sun, March 15th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Go bigger !

another question guys
if i got the gryphon with no canned tunes .. just the stock .. how can i get the customed tunes after that do i have to send it back to php or just download it from the web or whatever ?
Old Sun, March 15th, 2009, 11:14 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
another question guys
if i got the gryphon with no canned tunes .. just the stock .. how can i get the customed tunes after that do i have to send it back to php or just download it from the web or whatever ?
When you get your Gryphon, it arrives with three "canned" tunes:
1. Transmission only - firms up the shifts
2. 87 octane tow - for towing using regular grade gas
3. 91+ octane performance - for fun using the high priced blend
Plug the unit into your truck and drive around using any of these tunes. You'll need to do that anyway to get your "HEX" code which you send in to Bill so that he can write custom tunes. When you decide what you want, Bill can replace any or all of the canned tunes with custom tunes. You download and install these tunes into the Gryphon using your PC - no need to return it to Bill.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, March 15th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Go bigger !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
When you get your Gryphon, it arrives with three "canned" tunes:
1. Transmission only - firms up the shifts
2. 87 octane tow - for towing using regular grade gas
3. 91+ octane performance - for fun using the high priced blend
Plug the unit into your truck and drive around using any of these tunes. You'll need to do that anyway to get your "HEX" code which you send in to Bill so that he can write custom tunes. When you decide what you want, Bill can replace any or all of the canned tunes with custom tunes. You download and install these tunes into the Gryphon using your PC - no need to return it to Bill.

- Jack
WELL do i have to pay more for the canned tunes ?
because i saw in the order form there is many choices
stock , one custom . two customs and three customs are they different than the canned ones
and I don`t live in the USA , we don`t have 87 octane down here .. we have only 91 and 95 and i use 95
by the way can u help me to fill the order form as i told u i know nothing
Old Wed, March 18th, 2009, 02:26 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

MX,

The "canned" tunes are the ones that come preloaded on the programmer. You will need custom tuning for the JBA headers and the K&N FIPK. Each program is an additional $30.00 ($90.00 for all three).

We can tune for the 91 and 95 octane fuel. What country do you live in?

As for the order form, in most cases if it doesn't makes sense to you, then you don't need to fill it out. Basically, fill in the modifications you do have (exhaust, CAI, wheels & tires) and leave everything else on the modifications list blank. Fill in your name, payment info, vehicle VIN number, and we should be able to handle everything form there.

Custom files are 5-6 weeks right now and are handled via internet.

If you have any problems, PM me you number and Corey or I will get back with you to answer any questions.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, March 18th, 2009, 08:14 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
WELL do i have to pay more for the canned tunes ?
because i saw in the order form there is many choices
stock , one custom . two customs and three customs are they different than the canned ones
and I don`t live in the USA , we don`t have 87 octane down here .. we have only 91 and 95 and i use 95
by the way can u help me to fill the order form as i told u i know nothing
If you don't live in the USA, I suspect your 91 octane grade gas is probably equivalent to our 87 octane grade, and the 95 octane stuff is probably close to our 91 octane grade.

When you get your Gryphon, you should be able to run your truck with it installed if you keep this gas grade conversion in mind. The canned tunes (included at no extra cost) will probably make you smile. But, as Bill said, you DO want custom tunes for the mods you made.

When you first plug the Gryphon in, you wiil see your "HEX" code on the screen. Write that down and make sure Bill gets it.

And - talk directly with Bill or Corey! Either on the phone or through email or PMs.

- Jack