Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Whopper Junior

jac443221 is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon questions

looking to buy a gryphon, just some quick questions. My truck is pretty much stock just deleted muffler with dual exhaust, I am planning on doing the gotts(or the other names it has) modification to my stock intake and dropping in a k&n air filter. With this said should i just stick with canned tunes or will the custom 87 performance do more for my truck? Sorry if this question has been asked just getting a little anxious wanting to buy something and need a lil quick advice. appreciate it.
Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 03:33 PM
PHP Cheerleading Section

OneTomcat is on a distinguished road

Not sure what you have for a truck but from what I read, if you are doing any mods to air intake, a custom tune may not be a bad idea. Some model years tend to run a little lean at stock and increasing air flow may put your truck in a lean condition. I'm sure if you wish to pursue the purchase I'm sure Bill would be able to give you an honest appraisal of what you need.

'05 F150 FX4 SCAB
K&N FIPK
Magellan Navigation System
Full Boar Performance SIDO exhaust
Gryphon PHP Programmer w/ custom tunes
4UCam wireless backup cam
Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Well if you are going with the gotts mod you will not need a custom tune, thats just for the aftermarket cai. I personally went with an 87 performance tune just because I dont care to pay extra for 91+ octane. So I think if you dont mind running the higher octane just go with the canned. But I have read a lot of post about people loving the custom tunes more than the canned on the basic stock trucks.
Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 06:11 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

My truck is stock except for the homemade CAI. I can definitely say the 87 performance tune and the 87 tow tunes Bill wrote for me are superior to the canned tunes. The truck is more responsive and it DOES get better gas mileage.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Whopper Junior

jac443221 is on a distinguished road

appreciate you guys. i am definitely going with the 87 performance tune might add the 87 custom towing also, in yalls opinion which canned tune should i hold on to?
Old Tue, March 24th, 2009, 11:10 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

The 93 perf canned. Save that one for later.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.