Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, March 30th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Bacon King

th3godf4th3r is on a distinguished road
Default error code f1

hey bill and cory,

so i was going to change my tire size under custom options tonight and when i went to tire size,

i got error code f1 and then some message. it also froze and i had to unplug it and plug it back in just to get off that screen

whats the deal here? i believe i have the newest update, but havent updated it since about january or so
2008 White Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 | PHP Gryphon w/ Custom Tunes | 18" XD Monster's | 33" BFG A/T | AS Leveling Kit | Brandmotion iPod Adapter | 6000k H.I.D Lights | Line-X Bedliner | Weathertech Floorliners| True Dual Magnaflow Exhaust| K&N Cold Air Intake| Troyer Performance UD Pulleys
Old Mon, March 30th, 2009, 10:44 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3godf4th3r View Post
hey bill and cory,

so i was going to change my tire size under custom options tonight and when i went to tire size,

i got error code f1 and then some message. it also froze and i had to unplug it and plug it back in just to get off that screen

whats the deal here? i believe i have the newest update, but havent updated it since about january or so
When all else fails, RTFM! (Which I just did, since my rapidly fading brain cells continue to let me down). :o

Here's what I found on page 28:

ERROR CODE 0xF1 (IN CUSTOM MENU) – If you are receiving this error code while trying to configure your custom options, disconnect from the OBDII connector, turn the key to the ON position, and plug the Gryphon™ back in. After getting to the main screen (past Intro and Disclaimer), wait 15 seconds. This will give your unit time to load parameters it needs to perform the custom changes. You should now be able to perform your custom changes.

I'd leave it disconnected for about a minute before plugging it back in, just so any residual capacitive charge has a chance to dissipate.

If this doesn't work for you, the next step is to call PHP. Hopefully, though, you won't have to do that!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, March 30th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Bacon King

th3godf4th3r is on a distinguished road

great that worked, my tire size was on like 2741mm i believe and had to change it too 2541mm!

thanks i would have read the manual but naturally its at the store room in a box
2008 White Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 | PHP Gryphon w/ Custom Tunes | 18" XD Monster's | 33" BFG A/T | AS Leveling Kit | Brandmotion iPod Adapter | 6000k H.I.D Lights | Line-X Bedliner | Weathertech Floorliners| True Dual Magnaflow Exhaust| K&N Cold Air Intake| Troyer Performance UD Pulleys