Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, April 25th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Whopper

dchamberlain is on a distinguished road
Default Edge to Gryphon turnaround time, other questions

OK, so it looks like it might be worth the money to upgrade my Edge to the Gryphon.

First question is what is the turnaround time on the upgrade, not necessarily the custom tunes. I'm helping a friend move sometime early next week, then will be helping Dad move the first week in June. I'd like to have it in their for both those moves, since I'll be towing a heavy trailer both times. If I sent it off middle of next week would I get it back in time for Dad's move?

Next question. I had some weird stuff happen with my Evolution some time ago. I upgraded it to the latest firmware with the Fusion software and it started causing me problems. Basically it wouldn't let me change the speed or rev limiters (or do any of the other limited Edge custom tuning). When I tried to do it, I got a communication error. Edge never could figure out why and suggested I take the truck to Ford and update it's flash. I used the original Edge Lighting 3 software to reload an older version of the Edge software into the Evolution and it worked fine again.

So what software does the Gryphon run. Is it the same as the Edge, just with different tunes? Or is it completely different software with the same Edge canned tunes plus the ability to do custom tunes?

Thanks,
David Chamberlain
Old Sat, April 25th, 2009, 06:19 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

To answer one of your ?'s. Turn around time for edge to gryphons is approx 2-3 weeks(you lucky dogs). That is from when they get it. So realistically maybe 4. You converted guys are lucky! Us new guys are at 10-12 weeks now.

When you get it back your customs are already installed on it.

The software ? Someone like Bill/Jack will know more about that.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.

Last edited by 88Racing; Sat, April 25th, 2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old Sat, April 25th, 2009, 09:32 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

The turn around time makes it "iffy" for your second move and you probably wouldn't even have it for the first move even if Bill simply changed it to a Gryphon and sent it back with the canned tunes. I'd wait, till after your Dad's move.

Bill DOES change the software in the unit when he converts it to a Gryphon. A Gryphon CAN hold canned tunes that are essentially the same as Edge's canned ones, but Corey has said Bill "tweaks" them a bit. I have two custom tunes in my converted unit - the third tune is still the canned tune (which I've never used).

Instead of using Lighning or Fusion, the Gryphon uses Pegasus as it's updating application, but when Bill ships your unit back, it will have the latest Gryphon firmware installed. I've seen other posts from Edge users who have had trouble using Fusion.

There have been a few hiccups with Pegasus too, but they seem to be easily straightened out.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer