Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Closed Thread

Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Ok, I'll leave them a note on the mod board.
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 08:43 PM
08F150LARIET

lbjailer is on a distinguished road

I think one of my older posts, somone did. I can wait, I'm in no hurry. If I dont hear anything after January, I will call.
Old Sun, December 19th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Canadian

tohi2care is on a distinguished road

Submitted a ticket on 10/23/2010 Ticket number 89.

Recieved a responce on 10/30/2010

I have yet to see a responce since.

Old Mon, December 27th, 2010, 03:10 PM
08F150LARIET

Default Gryphon *Blank*

I took truck to dealer today, removed gryphon and returned to stock. I tried to update after Pegasus update file was installed. My Gryphon is blank now. No HEX code. There is no way I am going to try and program the truck now. I need to find a way to restore the Gryphon. I plug it in and the software says it can't locate the Gryphon, but I can see it is doing something when I plug it in. I have rebooted my PC and the Gryphon and still no luck. I updated my trouble ticket #94. I copied and paste my results of reading critical files and all of them say they are blank.
I plugged it in the truck and it displayed the HEX, but I too afraid to try a program.
Old Mon, December 27th, 2010, 03:24 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjailer View Post
I took truck to dealer today, removed gryphon and returned to stock. I tried to update after Pegasus update file was installed. My Gryphon is blank now. No HEX code. There is no way I am going to try and program the truck now. I need to find a way to restore the Gryphon. I plug it in and the software says it can't locate the Gryphon, but I can see it is doing something when I plug it in. I have rebooted my PC and the Gryphon and still no luck. I updated my trouble ticket #94. I copied and paste my results of reading critical files and all of them say they are blank.
I plugged it in the truck and it displayed the HEX, but I too afraid to try a program.
When you say "it is doing something", what do you mean?

Normally, if a Gryphon is plugged into a PC and Pegasus is not running, or if Pegasus can't connect to the Gryphon, the Gryphon's screen will be red.

When Pegasus connects to the Gryphon, the screen turns green - no writing appears on the Gryphon's screen. What does yours do?

Is it possible you have a faulty USB cable or USB controller? Does another device connect properly through them?

And, is it possible your device driver is corrupt in your PC? See: http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/faqs-...tallation.html If this looks at all possible, follow the directions there to reinstall your drivers.

It really doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with your Gryphon if it recognizes and connects to your truck. I suspect a problem in your PC.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Mon, December 27th, 2010, 04:00 PM
08F150LARIET

Hi Jack, Thanks for your reply. I uninstalled and reinstalled like you suggested. I followed the instructions as your link instructed. My screen does turn green, it shows my serial #. I'm connected on Com 8. My HEX is missing from the registration. (calibration). So since it changes to green that means it is recognized but wont update. Is there a way to force the HEX code? (I'm running XP on a Laptop).
Old Mon, December 27th, 2010, 06:45 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjailer View Post
Hi Jack, Thanks for your reply. I uninstalled and reinstalled like you suggested. I followed the instructions as your link instructed. My screen does turn green, it shows my serial #. I'm connected on Com 8. My HEX is missing from the registration. (calibration). So since it changes to green that means it is recognized but wont update. Is there a way to force the HEX code? (I'm running XP on a Laptop).
Thanks for telling me all this. It really says your Gryphon is fine, but that for some reason, Pegasus is not seeing your hex.

And, I'm sure you've tried clicking on the [Retrieve] button in the [Help]->[Registration] screen of Pegasus? (Because as far as I know, that's the only way to input the "hex/calibration" code.)

I just clicked on the [Clear] button in Pegasus with my old Gryphon connected, and that blanked out all the windows except for the "device type", then I clicked [Retrieve] and it loaded my Serial number, Model Number, and Calibration.

I'm using the most recent version of Pegasus now, which is V2.02.0828.

Regardless, if you can't get it to show the calibration code in Pegasus, there's no harm in trying to update the device.

I think you are trying to reinstall custom files? If so, I'd first restore the Gryphon to its "canned" state. While connected to Pegasus, click on [Updates]->[Gryphon Update Manager]. Apply BOTH the firmware and the calibration updates. That should take you back to "canned". Then, click on [Updates]->[Custom File Download]. This should restore/upload the custom tune files you are trying to get.

If this does not work, there is probably a S/N error in your custom files on PHP's server and they will have to get involved. As far as I know, your custom files are matched only to your unit's S/N for download.

Let me know if you are successful with any of this. But, I honestly think your unit is safe to use on your truck.

- Jack
Old Mon, December 27th, 2010, 06:57 PM
08F150LARIET

Thanks. I did try to load canned tunes and thats where it says it cant find the Gryphon. I did the retireve tool and everything but the HEX shows up. My serial # is there. I sent in a trouble ticket (#94) back in October and also purchased a new tune and thought maybe the new tune was there. Thats when the Pegasus installed "it's" update, and then the Gryphon lost my HEX and began not finding the Gryphon on the USB, although it shows it being there on the registration. The screen goes green, and when I do the custom tune download it shows the files being downloaded and when it gets to the end, it says it can't see the gryphon.
What would happen if I installed Pegasus on my desktop (Windows 7) and try it there?
Old Mon, December 27th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Double Whopper

mjphillips1981 is on a distinguished road

I am too, still waiting on an answer. Ticket #95. Posted 10/29.
Old Tue, December 28th, 2010, 09:53 AM
PHP Groupie

OK, I'll try to get Bill's attention on this for both of you.

- Jack
Closed Thread