Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 08:50 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityFX4 View Post
I love it here...I learn stuff evey day I swear.

With the SCT tuners it locks to a specific vehicle and has to be unlocked,

This land of Edge/Gryphon is new to me.

I like to learn all aspects though.

Thanx Jack.
I learn new stuff every day here too - that's why I keep coming back!

- Jack
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 10:45 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityFX4 View Post
Cannes tunes or custom tunes it will still "marry" to the vehicle. Well, at least the SCTtuners do. Otherwise...think about it, you could buy one tuner and run programs on an unlimited amount trucks.

But as the others suggested...Bill will know the real deal.
From what I've read in other adds, posts and/or forums is that a lot of the hand helds can be "tried out" on from 1-5 vehicles before they lock or marry to a specific vehicle. Then to get it unlocked seems to be an act of God by some of those other companies.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, April 15th, 2009, 11:03 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
From what I've read in other adds, posts and/or forums is that a lot of the hand helds can be "tried out" on from 1-5 vehicles before they lock or marry to a specific vehicle. Then to get it unlocked seems to be an act of God by some of those other companies.

Lars
Wonder how they manage the "try out" phase? (Well, I could actually see how it COULD be done, but it seems really "clunky").

- Jack
Old Thu, April 16th, 2009, 07:36 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Wonder how they manage the "try out" phase? (Well, I could actually see how it COULD be done, but it seems really "clunky").

- Jack
The hand helds must have a subroutine counter program in them that every time a different pcm is recognized it counts off or maybe the hex code is used.
Once it acheives the threshold none of the "test" vehicles are locked out its just any new "test" vehicles.

Of course you need to put the "test" vehicle back to stock before switching to another.

Part of the reason I think that this was done is they didn't want them to be used as a scan tools. Which they can just like the gryphon.

Lars

Old Thu, April 16th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post

Lars
Well...with the SCT stuff I have seen you have the 5 unlocks that can be done (as how people sell their stuff like the deal Jack got) and then you're right..god himself needs to help.
Old Thu, April 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
PHP Groupie

Seems almost like 'planned" obsolescence, doesn't it? Or, as Lars said, they don't want you using it as a scan tool. (BTW, I just got a catalog from Harbor Freight and they're offering one for only $42.99 right now).

But really, since none of these programmers allow you to tune more than one vehicle at a time, seems kind of mean-spirited (and short sighted?) to throw up obstacles if you want to sell the thing and maybe you've used it to convince your Uncle Joe and Cousin Bob that they should have one too, by demonstrating it on their vehicles.

- Jack

Last edited by Jackpine; Thu, April 16th, 2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Corrected a typo, again!
Old Thu, April 16th, 2009, 05:15 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Trademarks?
Copyrights?
Royalties?
Contracts?

Who knows?

Lars