Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Double Whopper

bsdracing is on a distinguished road
Default tuning for stage 2 injectors

was wondering what the tuning would be for stage 2 160cc 100% nozzle injectors and would it just be a change in injection timing? and also could I just change the values for timing in all tunes or would all tunes need to be changed depending on what tune it is?
Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 01:07 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

The biggest difference I have found between Split Shot and Singles is the PW map (way less). A little as far as timing goes but not much and seems to be mainly focused in the SOI Delay Map.

As for timing curves in different tunes you will find that the "hotter" programs will use less timing, and the economy programs will use slightly more.

I am still VERY new at this so I could be off a tad.
Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 02:18 PM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
The biggest difference I have found between Split Shot and Singles is the PW map (way less). A little as far as timing goes but not much and seems to be mainly focused in the SOI Delay Map.

As for timing curves in different tunes you will find that the "hotter" programs will use less timing, and the economy programs will use slightly more.

I am still VERY new at this so I could be off a tad.
is it the same for split shots stage 2's? I mean a far as tuning not the single vs splits just split stage 2's
Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

This thread is short but should be a good read for what your looking to do. http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/minot...injectors.html

If you haven't noticed the "Scale" feature I would possibly begin with that for adjusting pulsewidth. Injectors have limits on how quickly they can open and close. Ex. Injectors may not flow anything for XX m/s (I'm saying that because I don't know the time) This time would be your "pivot." You could then multiply by a percentage being bigger nozzles empty quicker. It probably isn't perfect, but I see myself trying that first if I ever need to tune for larger nozzles. The correlation is likely also vary over different ICPs(if you look at the PSN flow data link you'll see).

I'm no expert either, for example, I JUST figured out the "blend" feature. So I might be wrong to, but I like to be in the discussion!
Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 04:20 PM
BROKE

Seem like in a similar tune for different size injectors the only real big change is PW.

Basically the larger the injector(nozzle) the lower the PW.
Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 04:28 PM
BROKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-127 View Post
Injectors may not flow anything for XX m/s (I'm saying that because I don't know the time) This time would be your "pivot." You could then multiply by a percentage being bigger nozzles empty quicker.

Great point, seems like injectors take .4-.5ms before they will even deliver any fuel.

Also it is very important to have the proper ICP for the larger nozzles to maintain proper atomization. Beware that higher ICP will indirectly advance SOI because the fuel is being injected faster.

This is my battle right now.........getting the perfect balance between ICP, PW, and SOI. I am starting to win the battle but at first it seemed like I was never going to.
Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 05:36 PM
Double Whopper

so besides the actual tuning for bigger injectors would i need to write all new tunes for each position on the chip IE like 80hp DD I make the tune to adapt the bigger sticks and then can I just change the same values for like 40hp tow and or 140hp race? or would it be like everything different?
Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
BROKE

Not exactly sure what you are asking but all the tunes are designed to do a specific job and there can be quite a few differences between them. For example you might want to use less SOI in a Tow program then you would in your Economy program, or less fuel in a Heavy Tow, etc.

Of course I feel the major differences that define different tunes is the shift strategy's.
Old Thu, April 22nd, 2010, 08:57 PM
Double Whopper

well what i am trying to say is if I have all my tunes for a stock truck 140,100,80,etc. can I just change them for the stage two sticks? and still have the same tunes? or would every tune need to be completely changed?
Old Fri, April 23rd, 2010, 12:04 AM
BROKE

Ohh I see........ Yes you can just make the needed changes for the injectors to existing tunes.