Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Wed, March 16th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probuilder View Post
I have tried to call them, either they aren't answering the phones or you get nothing.
The customer service system has a lot to be desired. Maybe they just need more people on the payroll that knows how to fix theses problems.
I think everyone would want them to have another person or two helping out, but they don't want to increase their prices to pay for them. Yeah it might be necessary sometimes, but I've not had a problem with their service.

I dont know if you are on Facebook, but they are having major computer problems right now. Corey's main computer crashed and Bill has spent the last few days replacing the hard drives, hard drive controller, motherboard, and installing all the programs on the new equipment. This and Corey's health have definitely hurt their business and their customer service lately, but it is something that comes with such a small business. The 3 well known (online) employees and their 1 shop guy can only do so much when the $#!^ hits the fan like it has lately.

I still think you should give them time, and I know that sucks, but it is either that or get angry at something that literally nobody is capable of fixing right now. :/

I agree with dietoremain in that I am not too worried, they are hard workers and will be true to their word as best as they are able.

Good luck with all this and keep calling! someone will answer .
Old Wed, March 16th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

dietoremain is on a distinguished road

I had no probs contacting. just spoke with Cody on the livechat and he said Bill is aware of the problem and will be on it asap.
Autometer gauges
WW/ATS 1.0 exhaust housing
Hutch/Harpoon in tank mods/hpX line
AIH delete/ebpv delete
TruCool trans cooler
Straight piped
PHP FU
Old Wed, March 16th, 2011, 12:32 PM
DIY Man

Probuilder is on a distinguished road

I am not mad, just disappointed.
There are a few things that will make or break a small business.... ...one main one is Customer Service.

Cody has been replying to threads on this forum all day. Still there is nothing on my thread from any of them. I don't know maybe Cody can't fix my problem, that is possible. But, they could at least respond with, We are working on your problem, we are sorry that it has taken us since 7-18-2010 to get to you, when you first said you were having problems and asked for help. I just don't think their computers have been down for that long.
Here is the original thread that I started on 7-18-2010
http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/f-u-c...ip-burner.html

If they are that far behind, then I would say they have enough business to add another person, or they need to raise the prices a touch to afford another person.
Just my 2 cents.

I have a '99 F 250 7.3L Diesel w/ a 6 speed Tranny and 4x4.
Mods: Amsoil dual bypass oil filters, Amsoil air intake mod DIY, fuel preasure spring mod(70psi), FU Chip and Burner , 3.73 rear gears, leveling kit (DIY), Stabilizer bars on the rear axle (DIY).
'02 F 350 7.3L, 6spd,4x4,CC, Dually- Just bought 4-15-11
Old Wed, March 16th, 2011, 01:17 PM
DIY Man

Got ahold of them.
Bill fixed the problem with remote Desktop application.

Mods: Amsoil dual bypass oil filters, Amsoil air intake mod DIY, fuel preasure spring mod(70psi), FU Chip and Burner , 3.73 rear gears, leveling kit (DIY), Stabilizer bars on the rear axle (DIY).
Old Wed, March 16th, 2011, 01:25 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The issue has been resolved.

For reference, OCX files (Windows Active-X Controls) can be a bit nasty and tempermental when installing on a 64 bit OS. The problem will occur when the installer does not correctly register the OCX file(s) and they weren't already installed by a previous application's installer. Why this is such a problem is anyone's guess, but I suspect it might be a flaw in the install builder software (in our case, InstallShield).

So here's the fix:

To correct the error, first search your "C:\Windows\System32" folder for MSCOMM32.OCX (or whichever OCX file is causing the issue) to see if you have it. If not, you can usually download the file from the internet or from the vendor of the application.

Once located (or installed), you'll need to register the control. Click [START] --> [RUN] and type "REGSVR32 C:\Windows\System32\MSCOMM32.OCX" (without the quotes) in the Run box and then click [OK].

That should fix the problem.

In some cases, you may need to UNREGISTER the control and then re-register it. In this case:

Unregister:
Click [START] --> [RUN] and type "REGSVR32 /u C:\Windows\System32\MSCOMM32.OCX" (without the quotes) in the Run box and then click [OK].

Re-Register:
Click [START] --> [RUN] and type "REGSVR32 C:\Windows\System32\MSCOMM32.OCX" (without the quotes) in the Run box and then click [OK].

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, March 16th, 2011, 01:28 PM
DIY Man

didn't fix it. it still says it is unregistered when I try to update the program.

Old Wed, March 16th, 2011, 01:40 PM
DIY Man

I tried to unregister and re register per your instructions and it still says there is a problem.

Old Wed, March 16th, 2011, 03:15 PM

I attempted the same, still wont open phoenix flash. I hate windows, and im sure bill does too right now.

I'll probably give you a call tomorrow Bill. thanks
Autometer gauges
AIH delete/ebpv delete
TruCool trans cooler
Straight piped
PHP FU
Old Wed, March 16th, 2011, 04:25 PM
DIY Man

Have bill give you the updated file, complete install, that is a lot easier, then putting in an older version then trying to update the program. Windows 7 won't let you update the file, it will kick you out, as Bill said.
That is what he did for me, was did a remote desktop, then installed the version 1.7.442 on my computer. Now it works like a charm.
This just proves "As long as you are smart enough, anything can be done or fixed." And Bill just happens to be the smart one.

Old Thu, March 17th, 2011, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probuilder View Post
Have bill give you the updated file, complete install, that is a lot easier, then putting in an older version then trying to update the program. Windows 7 won't let you update the file, it will kick you out, as Bill said.
That is what he did for me, was did a remote desktop, then installed the version 1.7.442 on my computer. Now it works like a charm.
This just proves "As long as you are smart enough, anything can be done or fixed." And Bill just happens to be the smart one.
thanks.. i'll have to talk to him tomorrow or friday about it. i'll get it done!
Autometer gauges
AIH delete/ebpv delete
TruCool trans cooler
Straight piped
PHP FU