Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 03:13 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Yupp, bone stock.

It sucks driving them in stock form when you are use to having a chip.
Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Whopper

Mikey's250 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
Yupp, bone stock.

It sucks driving them in stock form when you are use to having a chip.
Yeah its ruff without one. I just get nervous messing with the electronics on my truck. So when I get my chip, I load the tunes and plug it into the trucks computer? That simple?

What about cleaning the contacts before installation? Is that always neccesary?
Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 03:41 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

That's it!

You will only need to clean the contacts if it has not already been done before. Be gentle, you are only trying to remove the coating on the circuit board, not the tinning on the contacts. If you see copper you have gone too far.

Good luck!
Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey's250 View Post
Ok I been trying to figure this stuff out so I can get my chip ordered.
So right now all I have done to my truck is AFE intake, 4in turbo back exhaust, boost fooler, and gauges. I have an Edge programmer but Im getting rid of that. My questions are:

If I get the FU package and later I decided to get injectors,bigger turbo etc, will I have to get the FU2 package or can I get the correct tunes on the FU? You'll have to get custom tunes which will be put on our server for you to burn onto your chip. If you check out this link and scroll to the bottom of the page, there's a good comparison of the Phoenix, FU, and FU2. It also includes prices and options for upgrading an FU to an FU2.

What is the best tune for the best fuel mileage?

Im thinking about this setup: 65 mod tow, 80 DD, 100 Perf, 120 race, Lope and smoke show. What year is your truck?
Last thing is I pull a 14 ft trailer w/ 2 zero turn mowers most days of summer which is not real heavy(maybe 3000lbs) but I also sometimes have to load up 5+ yds of mulch or sand which is pretty heavy. I dont want to waste a spot on 80 light tow just for my little trailer so is it safe to say I will be fine towing the small trailer with the 80 DD tune or not?
Quote:
Thanks fellas. I was just thinking since I will have a burner I can add one of the heavy tow tunes if need be.

I have been reading alot of the PHP website and I see that Bill worked at edge from I think 04' to 07' well I got my edge evolution in 05'. So does that mean that Bill most likely wrote the program that I have now? Yup!
If that is the case am I going to see a very small difference in the tunes from PHP vs my edge? There are a couple of things to keep in mind here. First, like Cody said, Bill's tunes have changed since 2005. Second, the Evo is CARB certified and, therefore, the canned tunes had to be somewhat conservative. His custom tunes are different.
Quote:
Im glad your here Cleatus, you got all the answers . How long does it normally take the FU package to be at my door from time of order? Lead times can be found on the Order Forms page. Generally, we ship it within 7-10 business days. Since mid-December, PHP has been closed almost as much as it's been open, as three of my relatives passed away within 7 weeks of each other, so there have been some delays strictly due to us travelling. Some customers have also experienced some delays due to the fact that TS has had us on rolling backorder since December. More often than not, when we've ordered, they've had chips, switches, and/or burners out of stock. (In fact, they've been out of stock on chips since early March!) Since we don't expect to be attending any funerals in the near future , any delay would be caused by TS. At this moment, we have five burners in stock, and we're expecting 20 chips to be delivered later this week (not sure of how many chips we have in stock, as Bill took some with him). Looking at the orders we have pending, I believe we would be looking at the 7-10 day window (unless TS screws something up).

And does PHP do any kind of trade in for the evolution? We don't, but you're welcome to put it in our classifieds! You might even want to let potential customers know that it doesn't have to STAY a 7.3L programmer. We can make it into a 6.0L, 6.4L or even a gasser.
Wow, Mikey, it looks like everyone's got you pretty well covered! (Thank you so much!) Just snuck in a few answers that I didn't see.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Whopper

Mikey's250 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
Wow, Mikey, it looks like everyone's got you pretty well covered! (Thank you so much!) Just snuck in a few answers that I didn't see.
Thanks Corey, and everyone else that has helped. Im glad I foung this forum even though everyone is making me want to spend money. Sorry to hear about your loses,I know its rough. Especially trying to run a business on top of things but hang in there. I feel like I know you and Bill just from reading so much about yall(all good things). Im really looking forward to doing business with PHP because yall seem to have some very happy customers

To answer your question: My truck is a 2002 F-250 with 124,xxx miles.