Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, May 20th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Slowpoke

Slowpoke is on a distinguished road
Default ECM not found.....

After a few days of not checking my e-mail, I decided to check it last night before going to sleep. To my surprise, I had an e-mail from Corey telling me that my custom tune was done. I was like a kid on Christmas and couldn't wait. I went through the process of downloading the tune, but after two tries and then deciding to update the Pegasus software, I was able to download the tune. The only problem was that the Gryphon told me that the ECM was not found. I did a search on the forum, decided to press enter and plug the Gryphon to my truck. I was able to see the custom tune and was able to program it. At 10:45 p.m., I decided to take a short ride. Boy, the custom tune is well worth the wait. It make the truck so much more enjoyable to drive around. My question is for Corey, Bill, or Jack....does my driving around with the Gryphon even though it told me that ECM was not found hurt my truck. I know I am putting the cart before the horse since I'm already driving with it, but I would like to know.

Mahalo,

Slowpoke
Old Wed, May 20th, 2009, 10:48 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

If it happened to me:

I would not have gone any further than the error message.
Try to down load again and if error message came up I would contact php.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 01:49 AM
Slowpoke

Slowpoke is on a distinguished road

Lars,

Mahalo for the response. I tried to download the custom tune again and I got the same wording, "ECM not located." I PM'd Corey about what was going on and was quite bummed. I started thinking about what I might be doing wrong. I went over the Gryphon manual and the instructions on the PHP web page. After about an hour of tried to connect the Gryphon to my truck. I again was able to see my custom tune. I was able to set the custom options and program the truck. Then it hit me. I double checked the instructions from the web site and realized what I was doing wrong....SOOOO STTUUPPIIDD!!!!!!. After the custom tune was downloaded, I was pressing enter twice when I was supposed to disconnect the Gryphon and plug it into my truck. So I downloaded the custom tune again, disconnected the Gryphon after the tune was loaded and connected it to my truck. The HEX code was there and I was able to load the custom tune and customize the options. Now I gotta PM Corey about the stupid customer that is wasting her time when other customers have more pressing issues. Can't wait for tommorows drive to work. Hold on kids.

Aloha,

Slowpoke

Last edited by Slowpoke; Thu, May 21st, 2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 06:56 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Glad you figured it out!

No you are not stupid. You were just "excited".

Enjoy your custom tunes!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 08:05 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
Lars,

Mahalo for the response. I tried to download the custom tune again and I got the same wording, "ECM not located." I PM'd Corey about what was going on and was quite bummed. I started thinking about what I might be doing wrong. I went over the Gryphon manual and the instructions on the PHP web page. After about an hour of tried to connect the Gryphon to my truck. I again was able to see my custom tune. I was able to set the custom options and program the truck. Then it hit me. I double checked the instructions from the web site and realized what I was doing wrong....SOOOO STTUUPPIIDD!!!!!!. After the custom tune was downloaded, I was pressing enter twice when I was supposed to disconnect the Gryphon and plug it into my truck. So I downloaded the custom tune again, disconnected the Gryphon after the tune was loaded and connected it to my truck. The HEX code was there and I was able to load the custom tune and customize the options. Now I gotta PM Corey about the stupid customer that is wasting her time when other customers have more pressing issues. Can't wait for tommorows drive to work. Hold on kids.

Aloha,

Slowpoke
No worries, Silly! Glad it's working for ya!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Glad you figured things out Slowpoke! You're not stupid at all. This is another place were instructions are not clear - because if it matters, that you should not hit [Enter], to clear the screen, then this warning should be prominently given. (Please understand, I'm not complaining about the way the manual is written, I'm pointing out how difficult it is to cover every important "base" in such a manual). Writing the "perfect" manual is a really hard business!

So, something for the "Q & A" file!

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer