Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, August 26th, 2009, 06:28 PM
FORDFX

FORDRDRFX4LIFE is on a distinguished road
Default gryphon issue

took my truck on a trip to laughlin nevada and when i was running the ac i was getting a lean again but it only occurs when i run the ac truck runs great but i get the lean when i run the ac is there anything bill could do or is my cai that sensitive.
2008 F150 FX4 BLACKED OUT 2.5" LEVELING KIT STAGE 2 AFE INTAKE FLOWMASTER SERIES 40 TURN DWN 3" PIPE 285/65/R18 GRANETE ALLOY ULTRA BLACK MAGNUS RIMS WITH NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS..COMING SOON GRYPHON CUSTOM 91 TUNES
Old Wed, August 26th, 2009, 10:27 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDRDRFX4LIFE View Post
took my truck on a trip to laughlin nevada and when i was running the ac i was getting a lean again but it only occurs when i run the ac truck runs great but i get the lean when i run the ac is there anything bill could do or is my cai that sensitive.
???Lean again???
Please tell us the whole story!
How do you know its running lean?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, August 27th, 2009, 01:57 PM
FORDFX

well iv been running the truck lvl 3 with 91 like my custom tune was made for and has been running great but i live in orange county california so its not hot so i dont run ac but when i went on my trip i had to run the ac and i put it on max and i was getting the loud vibration in the pedel its at its worse when i hit 70 mph
2008 F150 FX4 BLACKED OUT 2.5" LEVELING KIT STAGE 2 AFE INTAKE FLOWMASTER SERIES 40 TURN DWN 3" PIPE 285/65/R18 GRANETE ALLOY ULTRA BLACK MAGNUS RIMS WITH NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS..COMING SOON GRYPHON CUSTOM 91 TUNES
Old Thu, August 27th, 2009, 10:20 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I'm wondering if it isn't your electric clutch engauging the engine fan due to you putting the max ac on. So it could possibly be fan noise that you might be hearing? Instead of the cai?
What pid's were you you monitoring with the gryphon?
Ect?
Cht?
TFT?
What were the read outs?
Sorry for the ?'s.
Trying to get a better handle on the noise!

Max ac+fan=more drag=less power=more air+fuel to maintain
So I also wonder if it's a compounded noise also?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Fri, August 28th, 2009, 09:51 AM
FORDFX

i was using tft,eft,rpm,spedometor. the tranny was was running between 165 175 temp engine was 195 205 temp but i dropped the ac all the way dwn from max to one and it occured at all levels. i dont mind the questions ask away your helping me so i thnk u for that