Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Double Whopper

axlehead is on a distinguished road
Default P1000 code question

So after debating the past few weeks over whether to flash back to stock for California emissions testing I decided to stay with the custom tune to avoid the p1000. To be on the safe side I decided to check for codes with the gryphon. Much to my disappointment I was met with a p1000 code. I was clueless as to why this could be so I flashed back to stock and have since driven nearly 500 miles mixed driving. It has been a week since I reflashed and the code is still there. Is there any chance the gryphon can cause this code just by being plugged in to retrieve codes? Thanks.
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I dont think so. The gryphon just receives the data and converts it to the display. Try clearing it then see if it comes back. You can set your gryphon to alert you when you get 1 DTC, that way you'll know exactly when it pops up.
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 08:08 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Try using a different obdII can bus scanner/code reader to see what you get.
When a custom tune is loaded there shouldn't be a p1000.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Double Whopper

Already cleared it and it came back. Obviously it's there now since I flashed back to stock. Can I reload my custom tune to clear the code? Also if I do that my custom tune should pass California emissions testing right?
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Forum Predator

This is a table that shows the quickest method of performing a drive cycle to get rid of the code.
http://www.gopowerhungry.com/FAQs/PH...ng%20Table.pdf
But I dont think a custom tune should even have that code.
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 10:28 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot270 View Post
This is a table that shows the quickest method of performing a drive cycle to get rid of the code.
http://www.gopowerhungry.com/FAQs/PH...ng%20Table.pdf
But I dont think a custom tune should even have that code.
That's what I'm thinking also.

Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Double Whopper

I already did that list twice and no luck. I figured it was odd that the code would be there with a custom tune. Perhaps I did overreact by going back to stock, but now my emissions test is due in less then two weeks. My last ditch effort is a road trip I am taking tomorrow. Unless of course reflashing to the custom tune fixes it. But then I need to be sure if it would pass with the custom tune. I am getting sick of California lately.
Old Wed, February 10th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Forum Predator

Try one of the other tunes and see if it still comes up. As long as you dont try the high octane tune with low octane gas you'll be fine.
Old Thu, February 11th, 2010, 09:52 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I have never read a post by anyone who failed an emissions test with a custom tune loaded, from ANY programmer. However, several people have failed when they reset the tune to stock due to the P1000 code.

I don't understand why you should have had that code at all with a custom tune loaded. I wonder if one of the devices that have to be "reset" in a drive cycle is malfunctioning? For instance, there is a "Pending code check and EVAP
monitor 'Bypass' check" (Step 13) that determines if a pending code is preventing the clearing of P1000.

This actually looks to me though like there is something amiss in the truck itself, that is not associated with the programmer or the tune. If you can't clear this, I'd set it to stock and take it into a dealer and let them play with it. Then, once that code is gone, get the emissions check BEFORE you reinstall the Gryphon and a tune. Emissions related equipment is covered by an extended warranty, so you COULD be "covered".

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, February 11th, 2010, 10:27 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

If you do take it to a dealer try and have them not to reflash the pcm with a new hex.
But if a reflash with a new hex is required your custom tunes will need to be rewritten for an additional charge.