Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Mon, March 2nd, 2009, 12:31 PM
Whopper

jjntj2003 is on a distinguished road
Default used gryphon

if i bought a used gryphon would the custom tunes work on my truck or would it have to be redone?
Old Mon, March 2nd, 2009, 01:21 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Custom tunes are written for a specific HEX code (PCM code) that is found on each truck. TECHNICALLY, if you happened to have the same HEX code as the original Gryphon owner AND had exactly the same mods, the programmer should work. There are other factors, however, that are considered when Bill writes custom files -- driving style, driving needs, altitude, etc.

Also, customers looking to purchase a used Gryphon OR Evo should know that the warranty does not convey with the programmer!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Mon, March 2nd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Whopper

tg150 is on a distinguished road
Default Pod question..

I had a question about the Pods for the Gryphon.. Do they come smooth and pre-painted to match the F150 interior's or do they come black textured like the edge.. Just Curious.. Reason..I chattin with someone sellin a Gryphon on f150online tonight and he had a smooth what looked like a perfect color matching pod.. he said he purchased it that way from PHP.. Just wanted to confirm if that was correct. That would be great! TY..

*sorry meant to start a new post, didnt mean to double post*

2004 Scab Lariat
Leveling Kit, 20"OEM's, Magnaflow SI/DO Exhaust, AirAid Jr Intake Kit, K&N Drop in, PHP Gryphon.
Old Mon, March 2nd, 2009, 10:33 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Since you have an 04, the pod you get with your Gryphon should be molded in a "titanium grey" that matches the majority of the new dashboards. If you look at the pictures on the PHP website, some of them are MY Gryphon in its pod, and I think it's a near-perfect match.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer