Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED)

Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED) Power Hungry no longer sells the Phoenix/TS chip, but if you need custom tuning we can recommend
a few really good tuners that will be able to still provide tuning and support for your chip.

If you have any other questions or comments about the Phoenix/TS chip, please post it here.

Old Mon, February 6th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Whopper Junior

hopdup95 is on a distinguished road
Default Recommended phoenix tunes on early 99 7.3...

I have an early 99 crew cab 7.3 automatic lifted on 38in tires. It does have the stock 3.73 gears, 6637 intake with 4in exhaust with no cat. Turbo and injectors are stock. I have pillar guages with egt, trans, and boost. I am looking to get the ts style chip mainly for better fuel economy. The truck IS my daily driver so I'd like to get it above the current 12mpgs lol. I also tow every now and then but nothing ridiculously heavy, mostly a car trailer with a crawler on it. Getting on it every now and then is also fun tho. I would like a good setting for power, towing, and daily driving. Also, do you really need the stock setting? can't i just take the chip out if I need to diagnose or is it a pain? Thanks for all the info. I know people have asked similar questions but for different trucks and I know the early 99's are a little different. Thanks
Old Thu, February 23rd, 2012, 11:47 AM
Whopper Junior

RYANONEIL79 is on a distinguished road
Clap re pheniox

i also have early 99 crew long 4x4 it is a pain to remove chip every time. im running s,40mt,65dd,80dd,100perf,120race and installing tonight
Old Sun, February 26th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Whopper Junior

Injected65 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopdup95 View Post
I have an early 99 crew cab 7.3 automatic lifted on 38in tires. It does have the stock 3.73 gears, 6637 intake with 4in exhaust with no cat. Turbo and injectors are stock. I have pillar guages with egt, trans, and boost. I am looking to get the ts style chip mainly for better fuel economy. The truck IS my daily driver so I'd like to get it above the current 12mpgs lol. I also tow every now and then but nothing ridiculously heavy, mostly a car trailer with a crawler on it. Getting on it every now and then is also fun tho. I would like a good setting for power, towing, and daily driving. Also, do you really need the stock setting? can't i just take the chip out if I need to diagnose or is it a pain? Thanks for all the info. I know people have asked similar questions but for different trucks and I know the early 99's are a little different. Thanks

I ordered my chip with Stock, 40 Heavy Tow, 65 Medium Tow, 80 Daily Driver, 100 Performance and Whisper Mode.

I figured the stock position would be helpful here and there for diagnostic use (and truthfully I couldn't find any other programs that I thought I would need or want). I should have the chip here in the next week or so and my Edge Insight to monitor things.

Chris
Old Mon, February 27th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Double Whopper

garyfink is on a distinguished road

I have an early 99 also I just got my 65hp dd but haven't had time to intall it yet. I am very excited.
Upgrading my TS Performance Chip there tunes are ok, but I have to run the 100hp perf tune so my truck doesn't hold the shifts so long that I eat fuel.

Although I am presently getting 17+ mpg daily driving with that tune.
E99 F350 , Magnaflow 4" Exhaust , AFE Stage 2 Cold Air, 3.73 Gears, Stock Tires , Transgo Tugger HD2 Repro. Kit with non-pwm apply valve , Landis Triple Disc Low Stall TC manual tc on/off switch, Deep Trans Pan, TS Chip waiting on PHP Tunes, TS Chip Burner.