Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED)

Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED) Power Hungry no longer sells the Phoenix/TS chip, but if you need custom tuning we can recommend
a few really good tuners that will be able to still provide tuning and support for your chip.

If you have any other questions or comments about the Phoenix/TS chip, please post it here.

Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Whopper Junior

wolve1060 is on a distinguished road
Question Ordering Help- Is my truck light or heavy modified?

I am getting ready to order my PHP Phoenix chip and am not sure what form I should fill out. I have a 2002 Ford F-350 7.3. It has a six inch lift with 33's, Bully Dog cold air intake, 4" turbo back then 5" CAT back, but my concern is I got this truck from a guy and he put a brand new transmission in it he got one just like the stock one but he said he put a shift kit in it so im not sure if that is going to make a difference. I just dont want to get the chip and then have problems because I didnt order the right one. Also was looking to get some help as to what kind of tunes I should get. This is my daily driver but take it two tracking and stuff like that. I dont really tow much and I live in Michigan if that effects any suggestions. Thank you guys for your help!
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 06:42 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

You are lightly modified. Since you don't tow much, 65 HP and higher programs would be fine. I tend to keep a 40 Tow on hand just in case you end up pulling something you didn't expect, but whether you chose that option is up to you. Higher HP programs are great daily driver programs on the highway while the 80DD is great for both highway and around tow. Being that your truck is a 2002, you're going to be limited to 120 HP, so keep that in mind.

I hope this is helpful.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
Whopper Junior

Ok I just wanted to make sure because I was reading other forums that said if you have a shift kit then you have to order the custom tunes, and I dont want to get it and then have problems and have to pay the $200 bucks to get it re burned. Also I was reading that if you have stock injectors you will see no performance gains, is this true?
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
Whopper

ttyR2 is on a distinguished road

I have stock injectors in my 2000 and saw huge performance gains with a PHP chip :-)
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Whopper Junior

What tunes did you get and how much was it? I have been thinking about getting: stock, 1,000 high idle, 65 tow, 80 DD, 120 race. I cant decide on the last one
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

You may want to throw on the 100 Perf, or maybe a 40 Tow just in case you need it. As for the shift kit, we've done that setup so many times we pretty much include it now as part of the standard tunes.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, May 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

dietoremain is on a distinguished road

80DD and 100perf are great for drivin around everywhere. the 120r is for a lil fun but drives nice under light throttle as well. I have my 80 tow only its got a lil too hot on me a few times(not out of safe range but ya) but all good here. enjoy the tunes!
Autometer gauges
WW/ATS 1.0 exhaust housing
Hutch/Harpoon in tank mods/hpX line
AIH delete/ebpv delete
TruCool trans cooler
Straight piped
PHP FU
Old Thu, May 3rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Whopper Junior

Thank you very much for the help. I just have two more questions for you. If were to get the 40 tow instead of the 65 tow can I still use that position when I am towing something that is under 10,000 pounds? Last thing when I am ordering my chip off of the gopowerhungry.com website what all do I need to know about my truck when I am filling it out so I do it correctly, I just dont want to mess anything up while ordering. I just thought of 2 more things. Is this the correct one that I am supposed to be on when ordering the chip since mine is lightly modified? https://fs21.formsite.com/Power_Hung...ure_index.html

The other question is if I get the phoenix chip for my truck with: Stock, High Idle, tow(which ever one you recommend), 80 DD, 100 P, and 120 R will the total price be the $295 or is it different? I just want to make sure I have all the money.

And just so I understand correctly those tunes are fine for my stock injectors, right?
Old Fri, May 4th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

cj45lc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolve1060 View Post
Thank you very much for the help. I just have two more questions for you. If were to get the 40 tow instead of the 65 tow can I still use that position when I am towing something that is under 10,000 pounds? Last thing when I am ordering my chip off of the gopowerhungry.com website what all do I need to know about my truck when I am filling it out so I do it correctly, I just dont want to mess anything up while ordering. I just thought of 2 more things. Is this the correct one that I am supposed to be on when ordering the chip since mine is lightly modified? https://fs21.formsite.com/Power_Hung...ure_index.html

The other question is if I get the phoenix chip for my truck with: Stock, High Idle, tow(which ever one you recommend), 80 DD, 100 P, and 120 R will the total price be the $295 or is it different? I just want to make sure I have all the money.

And just so I understand correctly those tunes are fine for my stock injectors, right?
Get whatever tow tune you want if you tow something really heavy you could always use the stock position. Just an example I tow a 3 horse gn trailer in my 80dd tune & temps stay safe & with 3 head on I'm 9-10k lbs so the answer to your 1st question is yes.

The main thing to put on the order form is the correct calibration code for your truck, it will be 3 letters & a number such as NVK5. The other thing is to put down if the trans has a shift kit/valve body.

Other than that IDK, as far as I know $295 gets it done. Then hold on to your a$$ cause you will think you got a new truck

Tags
tunes