Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED)

Phoenix Switch-On-The-Fly Chip (DISCOUNTINUED) Power Hungry no longer sells the Phoenix/TS chip, but if you need custom tuning we can recommend
a few really good tuners that will be able to still provide tuning and support for your chip.

If you have any other questions or comments about the Phoenix/TS chip, please post it here.

Old Thu, July 12th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Whopper

Jgfnova is on a distinguished road
Default NEW CHIP-Jumpy Shifting After Chip Install-Info Please

Hello all, I just want to say I ordered my chip June 29th and got it yesterday July 11th!! Very Happy how quick it came. I am very happy the tunes I picked. I do have 1 minor problem the truck it "jumpy" when shifting gears in all the tunes except stock. I picked the modified version due to the BTS Valvebody I have. Any info would be greatMods are in my sig. Thanks.
1-Modified Stock
2- 25 Tow
3- 40 Tow
4- 65 Daily Driver
5- 100 Performance
6- No start/ 1100 High Idle
99.5 F350 CC 2WD DRW- Tow Rig, 4" Stainless Turbo-Back Magnaflow Exhaust, 6.0L Trans. Cooler, Foil MOD, CCV Mod, 05-07 Harley Headlights & Badges, AMSOIL DIY Intake, ATS Ported Turbo Housing, Edge CTS Insight, HPX, Mag-Hytec Trans & Diff Cover, BTS V/B
1963 CHEVROLET NOVA- Reason for Tow Rig, SMALL BLOCK POWERED NATURALLY ASPIRATED NO NITROUS Best ET 9.84@136.80MPH in DENVER,CO
Old Thu, July 12th, 2012, 08:18 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Yaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Another valve body that takes less pressure than stock to work correctly.
Old Thu, July 12th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Whopper

It shifted fine before chip install, quicker between gears but not jumpy like now. So what do I do next? Send chip back for re-cal?
99.5 F350 CC 2WD DRW- Tow Rig, 4" Stainless Turbo-Back Magnaflow Exhaust, 6.0L Trans. Cooler, Foil MOD, CCV Mod, 05-07 Harley Headlights & Badges, AMSOIL DIY Intake, ATS Ported Turbo Housing, Edge CTS Insight, HPX, Mag-Hytec Trans & Diff Cover, BTS V/B
1963 CHEVROLET NOVA- Reason for Tow Rig, SMALL BLOCK POWERED NATURALLY ASPIRATED NO NITROUS Best ET 9.84@136.80MPH in DENVER,CO
Old Thu, July 12th, 2012, 09:18 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Yep.

I'll email you the address. Hopefully it turns out ok the first time around.
Old Tue, July 24th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Whopper

Cody-

Re-installed chip today, shifts better than before, no jumpy shifts at any speeds. Shifts as it should during normal cruising speeds, but when you jump on it to hit passing gear or you are on the throttle heavily from a dead stop, 2-3 shift and 3-4 shift hit pretty hard still. Is this normal with the tuning or should it be fairly smooth under all driving conditions? Thanks in advance.
Old Tue, July 24th, 2012, 08:32 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

The thing with additional power over stock is that we try to keep clutch "burn time" to a minumum. Even a couple seconds worth of slippage will render a transmission damaged. I can take some more shift pressure out if you'd like. I suggest you drive it for a while and let the newness wear off (you WILL drive it more sanely given some time).
Old Tue, July 24th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Whopper

I think driving it a while is not a bad idea, I just am concerned about the hit into gear at times, is this OK for the transmission? I am sure it won't take long like you say for newness to wear off and I will drive like an old man again but I don't want to hurt Transmission in the mean time. Is there any reason for concern here?
Old Sun, July 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Whopper

Cody-

I used the tow tunes over the weekend to pull trailer to race track, shifting in both tow tunes was spot on. I have driven about 250 miles in the 65 DD and it still seems a little hard shifting, my question is are you able to change line pressure for specific tunes or if you lower pressure for the DD tune does it lower for all of them?

Also just for the sake of knowing, with each tune they are written as 25 hp tow (for example), how much torque would this provide extra with this tune. I know the best way find out would be a dyno and each truck is different but is there a ballpark estimate for each tune as to how much extra torque they provide. Thanks in advance.

John
Old Sun, July 29th, 2012, 06:23 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgfnova View Post
Cody-

I used the tow tunes over the weekend to pull trailer to race track, shifting in both tow tunes was spot on. I have driven about 250 miles in the 65 DD and it still seems a little hard shifting, my question is are you able to change line pressure for specific tunes or if you lower pressure for the DD tune does it lower for all of them?

Also just for the sake of knowing, with each tune they are written as 25 hp tow (for example), how much torque would this provide extra with this tune. I know the best way find out would be a dyno and each truck is different but is there a ballpark estimate for each tune as to how much extra torque they provide. Thanks in advance.

John
All transmission functions are handled per-tune.

As far as the torque goes, when actually measured on a 7.3L, the torque increase will usually be about twice what the horsepower is.....as long as things like injection pressure are able to be maintained. However, measured torque means nothing when pulling a camper up a hill anyway (nor does it really matter at any time). A torque value is a useless number.