Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) (Disabled)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) (Disabled)
If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Sat, September 5th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Double Whopper

sam8 is on a distinguished road
Default Got my chip where is registration key info? HELP

Got my FU 2 6 pos. Flex chip, got it in and it seems fine.
Won't know for sure until I tow next month.
This may sound lame, but where do I locate the info needed (Registration key) to authorize my software? I've looked through everything that came with the package but no such luck?
Yes, I am a computer idiot.

UPDATE 09-08-09

Okay, maybe it is not so fine.
After about 10 miles of first test drive, the truck bucked and died in the middle of a 4-way intersection. I coasted through the light and into a parking lot. Removed the p-brake, etc. and removed the chip.
Truck started up and ran as per normal the rest of the day.
Got home yeaterday afternoon, removed the ECM and cleaned the contacts again. I can see drag marks on the soldered side of the board where all the contacts are rubbing.
Reinstalled.
Truck fired up and seemed fine.
Got on the road this am made it about 5 miles and truck died again.
Pulled over, removed ebrake and pulled the chip.
Truck fired up and ran fine for the rest of the day.
Just got done pulling the PCM for the third time and cleaning the contacts again. Reinstalled PCM, fired the truck up it ran for about 3 minutes in the driveway, bucked and popped, and died. No restart.
Pulled the chip again, it fired right up.

I am not reinstalling it until I get some input from Bill, and the codes for the software to maybe see if something on the chip is scrambled... I dunno if it is a joint on the chip heating up and failing or what. Not checked out on elctro-whizzbang stuff. I need this solved or a major vacation for my family is gonna be cancelled.

Help.

Jeff

Inovice 2120

'97 F-350 CC LB 4x4-Orignal Owner. Arrowcraft DRW Kit, Tymar int., Banks IC, Beans D-66 Turbo, Hypermax DP, 4 inch exhaust, ATS Triple Loc converter, Mag Hytec Trans Pan,Tru-cool Trans Cooler, ORU Shackle Reverse, Ultralite Gauges, PHP F.U. 2 Flex 6 pos. chip Terminator modded 17* HPOP and Scan Gauge

Last edited by sam8; Tue, September 8th, 2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old Sat, September 5th, 2009, 04:26 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Actually, you will have to get that from Bill. I'll alert him in the moderator section.
Old Sat, September 5th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Double Whopper

Thanks, sounds like he has his hands full with personal stuff right now, I am in no hurry.

'97 F-350 CC LB 4x4-Orignal Owner. Arrowcraft DRW Kit, Tymar int., Banks IC, Beans D-66 Turbo, Hypermax DP, 4 inch exhaust, ATS Triple Loc converter, Mag Hytec Trans Pan,Tru-cool Trans Cooler, ORU Shackle Reverse, Ultralite Gauges, PHP F.U. 2 Flex 6 pos. chip Terminator modded 17* HPOP and Scan Gauge
Old Sun, September 6th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Whopper

Orezona is on a distinguished road

You have to call to get the registration key. Then read the directions
Old Tue, September 8th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Double Whopper

I updated the original post, please, someone give me a hand here...

Old Tue, September 8th, 2009, 08:29 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Please call this number if you haven't already!!

678-963-9913
Old Tue, September 8th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Double Whopper

Yep, message left, thanks.
I don't want to put this in "emergency" mode, because it isn't.

Yet, LOL

Old Tue, September 8th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Double Whopper

Got the info this afternoon about 5pm my time and Bill did call me, we have a plan.

Thank you both, customer service is where it is at.

Corey, I am sending the chip and switch back via USPS overnight as soon as the post office opens tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Jeff