Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) (Disabled)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) (Disabled)
If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Wed, September 30th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Whopper Junior

7.3Stroke970 is on a distinguished road
Default Rapid Switching

I'm not (yet) a PHP customer, but I've been seriously considering a FU chip, but I have a quick question. If I'm driving down the road, and I have my switch in the first position of Smoke Show (just as an example), would it be bad to switch rapidly from 1 to 6 (6 being 120HP setting for example) straight across the other settings? Or is it necessary to stop slowly on each setting?

Also, I'd like to say something about your company, I'm not (yet) a PHP customer, but after reading many forum threads and responses, I wouldn't even think about going to another company to conduct business, as a business owner myself I've never seen more friendly, timely, and helpful costumer service from any company, than I've seen from you guys. Way to go!

Thanks for your help!
Old Wed, September 30th, 2009, 10:19 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

It's not bad most times. The microcontroller on the chip is pretty quick, but depending on what is being "looked up" on the memory at that instant, there can be some "binary confusion". I have had it happen before, but it's nothing a key off/on cycle won't cure. It's not real common.
Old Wed, September 30th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hit n Miss

Peroni is on a distinguished road

Do some thinking on the order of your tunes. Mine go heavy tow, med tow economy, dd, 140hp and smoke show. A little thought will keep you from having to constantly zip across 5 other tunes.
the 1997 F-350 XLT 7.3L PSD 4x4 CC LB BTS E40D Manual Hubs 4.10 36000 miles when purchased 4/1/06. Mods - ISSPRO Performax gauges, Tymar intake, Tymar 3x4 DP to 4" ss exhaust, electric fuel, CCV mod, tru-cool 4739, Swamps 175/30% injectors, stage I Stealth pump, D66 turbo Spearco 6.0 cac, BDP live tuned tuned 442hp/860tq.
Old Wed, September 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Brilliant thought, Peroni (and I'm not being sarcastic)! Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best of all. We just have to be bright enough to see them.

- Jack

2024 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L PowerBoost FX4, Peragon Tonneau Cover, LineX Bed, 35% Window Tint on All Sides and Rear, Full Nose Paint Protection Film, Husky Mud Guards, Lasfit Floor Liners, VIOFO Dash Cam
Old Wed, September 30th, 2009, 08:07 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Well you will get similar smoke from putting your foot into it on 100hp and up. I would put the smoke show... for those obnoxious tailgaters and what not between the 2 tunes you use most often say a tow tune and fuel sipper or daily driver

if you have the space on the chip, consider a high idle tune. they can be really useful.. you can also specify what RPM you want it to be...
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Wed, September 30th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Whopper Junior

7.3Stroke970 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help! Turns out I won't be getting a pickup any time soon But when I do, a PHP tuner will be the first thing I get! Thanks again guys (and maybe gals)!