Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) (Disabled)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) (Disabled)
If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Thu, March 11th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Whopper Junior

ryanr is on a distinguished road
Default engine cutting out

i just installed my fu chip and just the stock, high idle, and whisper tunes seemed to work right but the 65 tow, 80 performace, & smokeshow seemed to not be quite right. in the 80 performance and smokeshow settings when i shift at higher rpms (2600 and up) when i go to my next gear it takes a full second for the pedal to respond then all of a sudden it takes off. sometimes when driving at light throttle the engine will start cutting out until i let off the pedal.
i then pulled the pcm back out thinking i didnt clean the contacts good enough. i cleaned them again and put it back in and now the tunes seem to be working power wise but im still having the cutting out problems while driving and shifting. does this sound like i still not have the contacts clean or could it be something else?
any ideas would be helpful, thanks
Old Thu, March 11th, 2010, 01:59 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I assume that you're doing near full-power upshifts...

Since it happens in the higher HP programs, I would guess that it may be an injection pressure regulator (IPR) response issue. Are you driving a basically stock truck?

On edit:

As far as the "cutting out".....
It only happens at light throttle and I assume it's kind of a jerky on-off type scenario. It may be related to the IPR or possibly a problem with the tune itself. Bill will be able to look at the tunes and make sure that there's nothing screwy. Have some patience and he should be back on here by early in the week.
Old Thu, March 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Whopper Junior

ryanr is on a distinguished road

yea its just got an intake and straight pipe, thats it. i was running an edge programmer on it until it wiped out the original pcm when i was changing programs with it (glad that was in my yard and i had another pcm). it didnt have any of the problems im having now tho (on race or extreme with the edge). the current pcm is the same code as the orginal.
thanks for the response

i will run it around in the 65 tow too a bit, i havent driven it around in that setting much to see what it does

Last edited by ryanr; Thu, March 11th, 2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: forgot to add