Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) (Disabled)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) (Disabled)
If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Wed, February 17th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Whopper

edge186 is on a distinguished road
Default 140hp Extreme on PMR's

I was under the impression that the 140 Extreme was not available for trucks with PMR's? I am not positive but according to the production number on the engine of my 01 , I have PMR's. However, the 140 Extreme is available in the list of tunes I can choose from when reburning?

Any Idea?
Old Wed, February 17th, 2010, 12:51 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

I have heard that there have been a few 01's with forged rods. Thats what I was counting on when I got mine but no such luck.
Old Thu, February 18th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Whopper

Yeah some of the earlier 01's are supposed to. my engine build date is november of 2000 so i had my hopes up but according to the serial number it has PMR's. I won't know for sure until i can figure out how to look in the inspection port.

but my question is, i thought the 140 Extreme wasn't available to trucks with PMR's? Im pretty sure i have them but the 140 Extreme is still available when i burn my chip. Why is this?
Old Thu, February 18th, 2010, 06:37 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Oversight on Bill's part.

I want to say that he basically uses a "copy and paste" method from his folders for each PCM code and puts whatever he selects into your own personal folder for you to download and burn.

I could be way off, but I certainly wouldn't sweat it being there. Whether or not I'd actually USE it . It's not like you're actually going to get 140 HP out of it with stock injectors and oil, but it will be more aggressive than 120.
Old Thu, February 18th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Oversight on Bill's part.

I want to say that he basically uses a "copy and paste" method from his folders for each PCM code and puts whatever he selects into your own personal folder for you to download and burn.

I could be way off, but I certainly wouldn't sweat it being there. Whether or not I'd actually USE it . It's not like you're actually going to get 140 HP out of it with stock injectors and oil, but it will be more aggressive than 120.
i would like to try it but i don't even dare touch the 120 on my stock tranny for fear that i'll break something.
Old Thu, February 18th, 2010, 07:36 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

As long as you're easy on it during the shifts, you should be ok.
Old Fri, February 19th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
As long as you're easy on it during the shifts, you should be ok.
i'll just stick with the 100 Performance until i can get a shift kit and torque converter. or a whole new bts tranny.
Old Mon, March 1st, 2010, 01:54 PM
Whopper

kupaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge186 View Post
i'll just stick with the 100 Performance until i can get a shift kit and torque converter. or a whole new bts tranny.
i have a dp tuner and a bts valve body and leave it on the 140 tune most of the time and my tranny is holding up fine.