Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) (Disabled)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) (Disabled)
If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Fri, April 30th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Whopper

brc51m is on a distinguished road
Default PMT1 and VDH2

Unfortunately I am having to sell my truvk which includes getting rid of the AWESOME PHP tunes that I have.I have the FU chip on my 2002 7.3 and my computer code is VDH2. My friend whom I am selling the chip to has a 2001 7.3 with a manufacture date of 8/00 and a computer code PMT1. His vin # is 1FTNW21F41EA08058. He loved the things the chip did for my truck so he has already purchased the chip from me but has yet to install cause I told him I dunno if it will match his comp code. Will it work in his truck and if not what does he have to do to get the chip in working order. Thanks a lot and thanks again for the great service in providing me with the tunes!

Brad
Old Fri, April 30th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Brad,

Edit: first reply forgot that you had a FU chip.

First thought is no(edit: as in he won't be able to just take your chip/tunes and put in his truck) based upon the year stated. Common breaks for PCM codes by years seem to be 99.5-01, 02-03(my limited experience).

Second thought was to look at the 7.3 calibration list. VDH2 has a hardware type of DPC-462, and PMT1 has a hardware type of DPC-422. The hardware types need to match in order to work. So, unfortunately your friend will need to get set up with the proper files for his truck. I'm guessing it would be possible for your friend to purchase the proper files from PHP and get set up on the server so he could download them and burn them to the chip. I'm not sure what that would cost though because its not a typical situation.
Old Fri, April 30th, 2010, 11:16 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Yep, Thomas is right.

A chip for a VDH2 will not work in a PMT1 truck.

Your friend will have to buy tunes for the FU package as well as update the PHP staff with information.
Old Fri, April 30th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Whopper

So the actual hardware will fit his computer but the software will not match correct?
Old Fri, April 30th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Whopper

Oh and also do you have any idea how much he will have to spend for the tunes and will he be able to have all the options of the FU package meaning will he be able to reburn as he pleases like I was. He will be asking me these questions so I am just tryin to find out in case I have to gie him his money back and try and sell the stuff elsewhere
Old Fri, April 30th, 2010, 01:59 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Yes, the actual hardware will fit each PCM...it's the same for either.

It's just that the tunes are different. I believe that PHP will charge $30 per tune since the package deal has been separated (if I'm understanding correctly).